A guest post from Christine Fontanin:
We love to make homemade pizza. One of our favorite versions is a roasted veggie pizza! You can vary it using any items from your Brewers Organics produce box! We cook the pizza on our BBQ grill. It is the closest thing to brick oven pizza (without a brick oven)….. It is delicious and super easy to make at home!
(1) Make your favorite pizza dough. The dough should be close to room temperature so it rolls out easily.
(2) Roll out the dough into oblong pizza shapes, approximately 12 inches or smaller for personal sized pizza. It should be 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. This is artisan type pizza so it doesn’t have to be perfectly round.
(3) Brush both sides of your dough round with olive oil. Carefully place the plain oiled dough on a hot BBQ grill (medium heat). Don’t worry! It won’t stick. The dough will begin to puff almost immediately. When the bottom crust has lightly browned, turn the dough over to cook the other side just slightly.
(4) Remove the dough round and top it with your favorite roasted veggies and cheese. The pizza pictured above has arugula, roasted red and golden beets and goat cheese.
(5) Return the pizza to the grill (approx. medium low heat) just long enough to warm the toppings and melt the cheese. Close the grill lid while doing this. Remove, slice and enjoy!
*If your short on time, you can use good quality pita bread on the grill, instead of raw pizza dough for your pizza.